Monday, December 22, 2008

Mouse wars.....

No pictures this weekend - too busy waging war on the mice! We have them under control, I think, except for one little guy living behind the kitchen cabinets. He is a brave little soul. Saturday afternoon, we would periodically check the bait under the sink, and it would had been moved every time, so he was busy eating during the day!

Sunday morning, I got up, let the dogs out, and then started inspecting the cabinets to see if he had run around that night. I opened the dishwasher and pulled out the bottom rack to see if he had managed to find his way in again, and there he was! I screamed, and slammed the dishwasher shut. He scared the @(#*@ out of me, and I'm sure I scared the #(#*@ out of him! We still can't figure out how he got in a latched dishwasher......

The good news was that there weren't any in the bedroom closet or anywhere else in the house. And this one ate enough bait that he shouldn't be around the next time we come. So, hopefully, the mouse wars are over for now.....

On a happier note, we actually saw some snow flurries Sunday after lunch as we were coming out of The Pines!

No comments: